7 Study Tips to Crack the ExamsPosted: July 28, 2016
You probably found this article because you were procrastinating on studying for your exams, and you’re just trying to find a way to make it easier. That’s okay – your secret is safe with us.
Let’s face it – no one really likes preparing for exams, but that doesn’t change the fact that everyone has to do it. Actually, studying can be fun and rewarding. And I know what you’re thinking: studying, fun? That’s impossible!
We’re here to tell you it’s totally possible to study smart. Wanna know how to stay on top and show those term exams who’s boss? Read on for 7 of the best tips to crack your exams (and then get back to those books. No excuses!).
- Step away from the junk food. Seriously, don’t let those potato chips hold your brain for ransom. You’ll need to be at your best if you want to do your best. Make sure you get enough sleep the night before an exam. Eat a well-balanced breakfast and drink plenty of water to help your concentration.
- No one ever sets sail without bringing a map. So why would you study without making a plan? Set a timer to allot as much time to a study task as you think you’ll need. Doesn’t matter how slow you go – it’s not a race. (Unless you leave it ‘til the last minute. Then it is a race, and you’ll probably lose. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.)
- Get your butt up out of that chair and take a break. Break up your study session into chunks of twenty minutes with a five minute break in between each one. But don’t go getting too comfy – we know it’s easy for a 5-minute break turn into an hour of channel surfing. Stay focused; your exam grade will thank you.
- Turn off that phone! (Yes, ALL the way off.) We might be the smartest species in the world, but our brains can’t multi-task, only multi-distract. If you’re checking Facebook while you’re looking over your notes, you’re not fully focused on what you’re studying. (That one’s a no-brainer.)
- Lazy isn’t a good look for anyone. So don’t come crying to us if you leave all your studying until the last minute! Procrastinating leads to cramming, which leads to stress, anxiety, and reduced retention of information. You’re probably stressed enough as it is, so don’t make matters worse for yourself.
- Treat yourself! Ever watched Parks & Rec? Be like Tom and Donna – know when to work and when to play. Set realistic, challenging, and specific study goals. Keep track of your progress on them. Once you’ve met them, reward yourself with some downtime, Tom and Donna style.
- If you’re really struggling with a particular subject, consider Vedantu. Vedantu is here to help. No matter what subject you’re struggling in, our live tuition courses have got you covered. Our teachers have years of experience in their subjects, so you can trust that you’re being taught by quality experts. But don’t just take our word for it – take a free trial session and see for yourself.
Good luck on your exams from all of us at Vedantu!