How to make your fidgety child learn effectively?Posted: November 27, 2015
Watching your child achieving milestones in his/her life is a bliss and we always expect to see their constant progressing victory. Just as a coin has two faces and one flips over another, similarly our kids also turn obnoxious when something upsets them. We need to stay prepared for the darker sides of our children’s mood. It is necessary to understand their behavior and act in the right manner.
Most of the problems arise when we fail to relate to their issues. A school-goer goes through several transitions both mentally and physically. In such situation, it becomes a fight to make them study.
We need to follow some simple tricks to tackle such chaos and today, we are going to talk just about it.
- Give attention to the problem rather than emphasizing on the consequent aggression. The problem should be eradicated deep down from the roots in order to block it from flourishing furthermore.
- Make a kick start from pulling them out from the thinking process that runs through their mind at that moment. Talk about the things they like the most or they do the best.
- Be a motivating parent. Over criticism builds up negativity in their minds. Empower them to accept your virtues by listening what they want from you.
- Do it in a playful fashion. You know that you love them the most and it is the right time to express that. Cuddle them, mimic their activities, cook for them, pamper them, etc.
- Reward them for the good behavior.
- Set time for different activities. This ensures them that you take care of all the needs that are important for them.
- Befriend your child. Hang out with them, appreciate their attempts.
- Keep an eye on them so that they do not get distracted while studying. It also makes them alert. Do not go harsh while pointing out instead help them to stay attentive.
- Cultivate the sense of competition with a positive approach. Show them that how awesome one can become if they perform well.
- Keep your explanations restricted to short sentences. Deliver a clear, simple and lasting message that stays in their mind.
- Work along with them to rule out the difficulties that trouble them and pushes away.
- Participate to develop skills which they lack.
- Tell them that it is normal and everyone faces problems while learning. This will strengthen their will to put in efforts.
- Share success stories of great personalities with them, who succeeded after facing failures in their lives.
- Try word games, flow charts, pictorial representations and other interesting methods of learning that dissolve the dullness they encounter.
- Put examples from day-to-day life for better and easier understanding.
- Inculcate the habit of writing down notes. isn’t it a proven fact, practice makes a man perfect?
- Teach them that whatever they study now, they’ll be able to implement in later stages of life.
- Restrict yourself from getting involved in any fun activity around them, while they are studying.
- Share their failure just like you brag about their success.
We are sure most of you must be using the above-mentioned points with your school-goers. If not, try them out, it will help you to get closer to your child and you will find it easier to deal with them. Be a smart parent and work in collaboration with your child to win over the hurdles that stop them from reaching the paramount.
Image courtesy – Google Image.